Foundation strength programme
8 week mtb foundation programme
start your mtb training journey
- This is an 8-Week programme designed to prepare you for The Complete MTB or DH Programmes.
- Ideal for riders new to the gym or training.
- Learn to train safely and effectively in the gym and on your bike.
- Build a strong riding position & improve your bike fitness.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee.
- Used by OVER 500 riders, worldwide.
If you want to improve your strength and fitness for Enduro, Downhill or Trail riding, you’re in the right place……
- Gym based strength sessions designed for beginner to intermediate level riders.
- Make the most of your valuable time and avoid common training mistakes.
- Enjoyable and achievable training that is scalable for different abilities and amounts of time.
- Option to join (discounted) The Complete MTB or DH Programme after the 8 weeks.
- Joining is risk free with our 100% money back guarantee.
Benefits of The mtb foundation programme
Starting in the gym can be daunting and many people get injured. Start the right way with expert programming and HD videos for all exercises.
With strength comes an improved riding position and more confidence every time your ride or race.
Improved trail speed
More power in your legs and improved posture and mobility means more flow and more trail speed.
How it works
- 2 x 4 Week blocks of progressive strength and on bike training.
- 2 x 1 Hour strength sessions per week are the core of the programme.
- Additional mid-week and weekend on-bike sessions to develop your endurance and top end fitness.
- Weekly mobility and yoga to support recovery and keep you riding.
- Friendly and supportive community of riders via the app.
- PDF Training Guide to guide you and teach you how to train properly.
- Coach support – email or message and we ALWAYS get back to you.
- HD Videos of all exercises.
- ONLY $89 (About £69 or €82) one time payment.
- If you don’t ride faster, or if you’re not 100% satisfied, you get your money back.
what people say....
- Day 1: Strength Training
- Day 2: Mobility and Breathing
- Day 3: Strength Training
- Day 5: Optional Bodyweight Training
- Day 6/7: Ride Your Bike!
- You organise your week, your way.
- Still ride with your mates and have fun.
As seen on
Why train with the strength factory?
join the strength factory and start transforming your riding today…………
1. Years Of Coaching Experience With MTB Riders Of All Levels.
2. Real Results On & Off The Race Track – Our Approach Works.
3. Widely published across the online and print MTB media.
4. Thousands of Riders Helped Across The World.
5. Tried & Tested Online Programmes
6. Friendly & Open Approach To Coaching and Training.
7. We ALWAYS Put The Rider First.
8. All Programmes Are Covered By A 100% Money Back Guarantee.
your coach - ben plenge
A life-long mountain biker, Ben Plenge fell in love with riding on dirt in the ’90s and hasn’t slowed down ever since.
He found a love for fitness during his career in the British Army where he served tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and retired as a Captain. On leaving the Army, Ben qualified as a professional coach and set up The Strength Factory to help riders of all levels smash their goals. These days Ben balances his own riding and fitness with being a husband, and father of two wild kids whilst also running The Strength Factory.
You may have also heard Ben on the Downtime Podcast chatting to Chris about all aspects of MTB training and fitness. His episodes are some of the show’s most popular, thanks to a realistic and jargon-free approach, and a belief that any rider can get more from their riding with some simple fitness training.
Ben’s athlete list includes top elite riders like Joe Smith and Vero Sandler and he has previously coached World Cup pro’s Wyn Masters & Charlie Hatton. As well as pro riders, Ben has coached hundreds of trail riders and age category racers to take on challenges like Trans Madeira, Stone King Rally or just to ride further and feel better. When you sign up to a Strength Factory training programme you’re in safe hands.
Yes, you’ll need a gym.
We have designed the programme specifically to be accessible to people in normal gyms. You need access to barbells, dumbbells and/or kettlebells. You will also need some space and a pull up bar. Things that are nice to have, but not necessary are a rowing machine, plyo box, and suspension trainer.
Alongside the gym and equipment you’ll need a smartphone or tablet that is able to download the TrainHeroic app. TrainHeroic works with iOS and Android.
Yes, absolutely. The programme is progressive and at every stage you are coached through the exercises with HD videos. Just take your time and pay attention to your technique and you will pick it up in no time.
Yes, it is!
All levels of rider can use the programme. We have a wide range of riders and racers, but mostly it’s people who just want to enjoy their weekly rides more.
Whilst loads of racers use the programmes, we also have a growing number of non-competitive riders using it to stay fit, strong and healthy. Many people also use it for a specific event or trip, like a week in the mountains or a big event in the summer.
You can start at any time of the year.
Regardless of when you start our programme begins with our 8-week Foundation Programme and then moves into our monthly Complete Programme.
This programme always begins with our 8-Week Foundation Programme. This allows you to move on to the Complete programme safely and with everything you need to make good progress and get amazing results. Skipping this stage would leave you with increased risk of injury and less likely to make progress.
If you are coming in with a good level of strength and fitness and feel confident in the gym and would like to skip The 8-Week Foundation Programme then please fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page and we’ll get back to you.
This is totally down to you and your doctor or physio to decide. We never suggest that you train through pain, however if you have a small niggle, you can often train around it, making good progress in other areas whilst doing your rehab.
The amount of time you train is up to you. Each week, you are provided with 4 main training sessions: 2 strength sessions and 2 interval or bike based sessions of different intensities and durations. On top of that you may wish to ride more, especially in summer with extra MTB rides or uplifts.
Yes, under the supervision of an adult. We have a number of under 18’s on the programmes across the UK and beyond.
No, there’s no contracts or ongoing commitments.
On sign-up you will receive access to the entire 8-Week Foundation Programme, straight to the TrainHeroic app on your phone. You will have access to this for 1 year.
Once you have completed the Foundation Programme, you’ll be invited to join the Complete Programme on TrainHeroic, which is billed monthly. This is entirely optional with no subscriptions or contracts. You can cancel at any time.
If our Foundation Programme doesn’t work for you for whatever reason, we’ll give you a full refund, no questions asked.
If you find that our Complete Programme doesn’t work for you, you can cancel or pause the programme at any time.