The Over 40s MTB programme
MTB STREngth & fitness for riders over 40
Feel Great every time you ride
- Don’t get left behind as you get older.
- Build a strong riding position for pain-free all day riding.
- Ride further, climb higher, hit the trails with more confidence.
- Realistic approach that can fit around a busy lifestyle.
- 20 Weeks of effective training from just 2 hours per week.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee. Buy risk-free.
If you’re a rider over 40 & want to improve your fitness for MTB, then you are in the right place……
Benefits of improved fitness for riders over 40
Build a more robust and capable body, get fewer injuries, and enjoy pain-free riding.
With strength comes an improved riding position and more confidence every time your ride or race.
Ride your best from the first climb to the last lap. Stronger riders enjoy bigger days, longer descents and harder hits.
How it works
- 20 Weeks of app-based MTB specific training direct to your phone.
- 2 Main strength sessions (1 hour each) per week.
- Optional Extras: Bodyweight circuits, mobility, breath work and lifestyle guidance.
- Full in-depth PDF training guide to support your journey.
- Weekly emails to support and guide you.
- Access to the coach (Ben) via in app messaging or email.
- Lifetime access means you can stop/pause/resume training to fit your lifestyle.
- One time payment of $189 is less than $10 per week. The same as a couple of coffees.
- Fun, unique approach, guarantees results or your money back.
what people say........
- Day 1: Strength Training
- Day 2: Mobility and Breathing
- Day 3: Strength Training
- Day 5: Optional Bodyweight Training
- Day 6/7: Ride Your Bike!
- You organise your week, your way.
- Still ride with your mates and have fun.
Why train with the strength factory?
join the strength factory and start transforming your riding today…………
1. Years Of Coaching Experience With MTB Riders Of All Levels.
2. Real Results On & Off The Race Track – Our Approach Works.
3. Widely published across the online and print MTB media.
4. Thousands of Riders Helped Across The World.
5. Tried & Tested Online Programmes
6. Friendly & Open Approach To Coaching and Training.
7. We ALWAYS Put The Rider First.
8. All Programmes Are Covered By A 100% Money Back Guarantee.
you're in safe hands
As a rider over 40, your time and effort are valuable, especially if you have to juggle work and family time too. Luckily for you, we are experts at providing training for mid-life riders………
Just take a look at some of the videos and podcasts we have done on the subject over the years and you will see that with The Strength Factory, you are in safe hands…….
Ben has appeared on The Downtime Podcast many times, including this recent episode called, ‘Better Human, Better Rider,’ packed full of useable advice for busy riders like you. DOWNTIME PODCAST
your coach - ben plenge
A life-long mountain biker, Ben Plenge fell in love with riding on dirt in the ’90s and hasn’t slowed down ever since.
He found a love for fitness during his career in the British Army where he served tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and retired as a Captain. On leaving the Army, Ben qualified as a professional coach and set up The Strength Factory to help riders of all levels smash their goals. These days Ben balances his own riding and fitness with being a husband, and father of two wild kids whilst also running The Strength Factory.
You may have also heard Ben on the Downtime Podcast chatting to Chris about all aspects of MTB training and fitness. His episodes are some of the show’s most popular, thanks to a realistic and jargon-free approach, and a belief that any rider can get more from their riding with some simple fitness training.
Ben’s athlete list includes top elite riders like Joe Smith and Vero Sandler and he has previously coached World Cup pro’s Wyn Masters & Charlie Hatton. As well as pro riders, Ben has coached hundreds of trail riders and age category racers to take on challenges like Trans Madeira, Stone King Rally or just to ride further and feel better. When you sign up to a Strength Factory training programme you’re in safe hands.
Whilst a gym is best, the programme is designed to work in either a gym or at home, with options for both each week.
For home training the minimum you will need is a set of resistance bands, foam roller and a mat.
You just need a smartphone or tablet that is able to download the TrainHeroic app. TrainHeroic works with iOS and Android.
Yes, absolutely. The programme is progressive and at every stage you are coached through the exercises with HD videos. Just take your time and pay attention to your technique and you will pick it up in no time.
Yes, it is!
All levels of rider can use the programme. It is mostly aimed at middle aged riders who are new to training or who are coming back to training and exercise after injury, parenthood and so on.
You can start making progress at any time of the year, even during peak riding season. The sessions are kind to your body and joints, so whilst you might be sore after the first few sessions you should still be able to enjoy your riding whilst doing the programme.
This is totally down to you and your doctor or physio to decide. We never suggest that you train through pain, however if you have a small niggle, you can often train around it, making good progress in other areas whilst doing your rehab.
Many people report improvements in niggling knee, hip and lower back injuries when they use the programme too, so it might help.
The amount of time you train is up to you. This plan is made for riders like you.
Each week, you are provided with 2 main training sessions that take about 45 minutes to complete. At first it will take a bit longer as you become familiar with the app and the new exercises, but this will drop as you learn.
You then have a third, optional shorter session to top up your fitness on weeks where you do not ride as much.
At the end of the 20 week programme you will be invited to join a monthly Over 40s subscription plan.
You will receive all the details for this towards the end of the 20 weeks.
Yes, we have a number of riders in their 30s using the programme and getting great results too.
If you are a younger rider, injury free, with a good level of fitness then you might want to consider The Complete MTB Programme instead.
No, it is a one off payment that gives you access via the app for 12 months.
At the end of the programme you will receive a PDF copy of the programme to keep as well.
If The Over 40s Programme doesn’t work for you for whatever reason, we’ll give you a full refund, no questions asked.
Don’t worry – it happens to us all. Most people will not simply manage to complete this in 20 consecutive weeks.
At any time you can re-start the programme or reset it so you don’t miss out. You have access for a full year on the app, and can train as much or as little as you like in that time.